SOUTH AFRICAN NATIONAL PARKS (SANPARKS)
HANDYMAN (WILDERNESS SECTION)
Park: Garden Route National Park
A fixed-term (six months) vacancy currently exists for Handyman at Farleigh, Wilderness Section, Garden Route National Park. The successful candidate will report to the Technical Officer.
Paterson Grading: B4
- Grade 12 is essential
- Code 8 drivers’ license
- Minimum of three years relevant work experience in the field
- Knowledge of SANParks applicable policies
- General Maintenance knowledge
- Basic Knowledge of Tools and equipment and handling thereof
- Basic understanding of Occupational Health and Safety
- Basic understanding of maintenance in general
- Basic Numeracy and Literacy
- Communication (oral and written)
- Fault finding
- Time Management
- Problem solving and conflict resolution
- To assist with general Maintenance of the terrain, equipment and buildings in the Park
- To assists with the implementation of management plans.
- To conduct an inventory of assets and equipment
- To maintain a record of supplies used and purchased
- To assist in performing general administration tasks â€“ maintenance book, vehicle log sheets, timesheets, etc.
- To assist with supply chain procurement processes
- To attend to minor repairs, related trades work or installations and report the need for major repairs to the supervisor
- To assist with prescribed burns and Veld Fire Suppression/s
- General cleaning and upkeep of technical stores and equipment
- Perform daily services throughout the park providing a clean, safe and pleasant environment for staff and visitors
Salary: R 8 979
Please indicate the position you’re applying for and address your application, accompanied by a CV and certified documents to:
Garden Route National Park – Wilderness Section
Attention: Nadia Brooks
Po Box 35
Tel: 044 877 0046
Email: [email protected]
The remuneration package includes a basic salary, based on the salary scale of a position with a Paterson B4 job grade and allowances and benefits as specified in the HR Tariff Document and Conditions of Services of SANParks. Accommodation will be provided.
CLOSING DATE: 18 AUGUST 2021
Candidates who have not been contacted within 14 days of the closing date must consider their applications as unsuccessful.
SANParks is committed to the principles of employment equity. Preference will be given to PDI / HDSA.