Hospital Mechanical Artisan
Facility Life The Glynnwood
Position Hospital Mechanical Artisan
A vacancy exists at Life The Glynnwood Hospital, for Mechanical Artisan reporting to the Engineering Manager, Willie Goosen. This job exists to ensure installation and maintenance of electrical power equipment, lighting, and control systems in the hospital.Critical Outputs
- Accurately read and translate mechanical, HVAC and air-conditioning systems blueprints or technical diagrams and networks.
- Install and maintain mechanical equipment and wiring, control of HVAC and Chilled water AHU systems
- Inspect mechanical components and equipment, such as medical air compressors, desiccant driers, vacuum pump systems, autoclaves, Generators, medical air backup banks and controls, bulk Oxygen and VIE control systems and various theatre equipment like scope , ultrasonic washers, desk top autoclaves, low temp sterilizers and CSSD operations and requirements.
- Understand and execute inspections, installations and testing of all the above equipment.
- Demonstrate competency in using electrical and electronic measuring or testing devices such as multi meter tester.
- Identify mechanical and electrical problems or faults on all mechanical and HVAC equipment.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, or fixtures using hand tools and power tools.
- Inspect and make electrical repairs to basic and complicated workshop handheld and fixed power tools.
- Direct and train workers, assistants and trainees to install, maintain, and repair mechanical equipment.
- Assemble, install, test, and all mechanical equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Inspect mechanical and HVAC systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair to ensure compliance with fully safe operation requirements.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Plan layout and installation of mechanical and HVAC systems, equipment and fixtures, based on function specifications.
- Perform business management duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment using the company’s active CMMS (SAP).
- Safely work from ladders, scaffolds, roofs to install, maintain or repair mechanical and HVAC equipment, and fixtures.
- Provide preliminary sketches and cost estimates for mechanical, HVAC materials and services.
- Provide assistance and perform stand-by duties during emergencies by operating floodlights, generators, UPS, and driving needed vehicles.
- Maintain and control mechanical and HVAC spares and storeroom or area adhering to company procedures around safety, housekeeping and general engineering best practices.
- General experience and maintenance knowledge in terms of electrical, plumbing, carpentry painting and building projects will be an advantage.
- Hospital environment experience in mechanical equipment, HVAC, air conditioning systems would be an advantage.
- General experience and knowledge in hospital Isolock, UPS, air compressors and vacuum pumps systems would be of advantage.
- At least N3 qualification with Trade Test certificate in refrigeration, HVAC and mechanical trade with a minimum of 3 years in operations or engineering maintenance.
- Practical experience in a hospital environment or similar environment is essential.
- Computer literacy and experience on a CMMS preferably SAP PM would be an added advantage.
- Drive and energy
- Team Player
- Ethical behavior
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Rule following
Willie Goosen Tel: 011 741 5205
Email: [email protected]
Closing date Thursday, August 19, 2021
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of the closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.