Facility Life Flora Hospital
Position Laundry Assistant
A vacancy exists for Laundry Assistant, based in Laundry department at Life Flora Hospital, reporting to Nomsa Msibi, Laundry Supervisor. The successful candidate will be responsible for collection, handling, washing and distribution of linen throughout the units.Critical Outputs
- Operating of industrial laundry equipment
- Liaison with management
- Good housekeeping
- Maintaining health and safety regulations
- Waste disposal management
- Washing, ironing, and folding of linen.
- Distribution and accurate recording of linen to all units in the facility.
- Cleaning, mopping and dusting in laundry.
- Cleaning of laundry equipment.
- Control the linen levels in units according to requirements.
- Control the quality of the linen distributed and received.
- Accuracy in daily counting of linen.
- Stock take of linen to be done as required.
- Neatness and cleanliness of linen store room required.
- Keeping accurate records of totals of linen collected and distributed in units.
- Grade 12 certificate or equivalent
- Experience in laundry services in a hospital will be considered to be an advantage
- Knowledge of infection control, health and safety procedures is an advantage.
- Understand, speak, read and write English
- Able to work flexible hours; working 12 hours shift, alternative week ends & public holidays
- Able to maintain accuracy on figures recorded
- Work under stressful conditions
- Neat appearance and personal hygiene
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Attention to detail
- Engaging diversity
- Professional and technical proficiency
- Excellence orientation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Action orientation
- Ethical behaviour
Email: [email protected]
Closing date Friday, August 20, 2021