Maintenance Assistant (Electrical)
Facility Life The Glynnwood
Position Maintenance Assistant (Electrical)
A vacancy has arisen for a Maintenance Assistant (Electrical) at Life The Glynnwood, reporting to the Maintenance Manager, Willie Goosen. The successful candidate will be responsible for assistance in maintaining activities of electric and air conditioning systems, plumbing, structural improvements and general maintenance.Critical Outputs
- Conduct all duties allocated by the maintenance manager, maintenance planner and maintenance officers.
- Experience in SAP plant maintenance job card system.
- Experience in electrical maintenance, fault-finding and repairs.
- Daily electrical inspections and checks on all electrical systems, UPS, generators, vacuum pumps, air compressors, air conditioning systems.
- TV reticulation and fault-finding in hospital TV systems.
- Hospital nurse call systems.
- General experience and knowledge in plumbing and water reticulation systems
- Stock and inventory control.
- To schedule routine maintenance of equipment
- Responsible for the restoration/repairs of buildings and equipment,
- Daily check lists.
- Excellent completion of daily job cards as well as feedback thereof is high priority.
- Assume responsibility in the absence of the maintenance officer.
- Be on standby for emergency maintenance requirements of the hospital.
- Grade 12 or N3.
- Own transport
- Hospital maintenance experience will be an advantage.
- Electrical, building, plumbing, carpentry, welding or tiling experience will be an advantage.
- Willing to work overtime when needed
- A basic knowledge of hand tools.
- Attention to detail
- Professional and technical proficiency
- Excellence orientation
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Action orientation
- Ethical behaviour
Email: [email protected]
Closing dateThursday, August 19, 2021
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of the closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.