INTERNAL & EXTERNAL RE-ADVERTISEMENT
COLESBERG LOCAL OFFICE
Legal Aid SA is a National Public Entity; a key contributor to South Africa’s constitutional democracy, providing quality legal services to indigent and vulnerable persons. The organisation has a national footprint in all nine provinces. Legal Aid SA is a credible employer of choice, boasting Top Employer SA accreditation for 12 consecutive years. We offer an exciting Employment Value Proposition with opportunities for development, career growth and an inspiring workplace.
Applications are invited from persons interested to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will be appointed on a permanent basis. The position is based in Colesberg.
- Support the office’s legal staff by providing paralegal services to people qualifying for legal aid.
- Identify and solve matters that are not of a litigious nature.
- Identify cases of a litigious nature and hand over to legal practitioners.
- Handle legal administration.
- Keep the client database up to date.
- Conduct interviews with people applying for legal assistance.
- Assist clients with the completion of forms.
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ATTRIBUTES)
- Matric and a 1-year paralegal qualification.
- Computer literacy.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to relate at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- A valid unendorsed code 8 driver’s licence is an advantage.
BASIC SALARY: LEVEL 6 R208,584.00 per annum plus benefits
A detailed curriculum vitae reflecting practical application of the position outputs and the required competencies as advertised must be submitted by close of business on 07 September 2021, quoting the reference number COL/PAR/06/08/2021 in the subject line to [email protected] or apply online at www.legal-aid.co.za
Enquiries to Napo Tlali, Tel: 051 753 2281
The employment decision shall be informed by the Employment Equity Plan of Legal Aid SA. It is Legal Aid SA’s intention to promote equity (race, gender and disability) through the filling of this post(s) with a candidate whose transfer/promotion/appointment will promote representivity in line with the numerical targets as contained in our Employment Equity Plan. Legal Aid SA reserves the right to withdraw posts or not to make an appointment, if by doing so, the interests of Legal Aid SA will be best served.