OFFICE OF THE PENSION FUNDS ADJUDICATOR (OPFA)
4th Floor Riverwalk Office Park Block A, 41 Matroosberg Road Ashlea Gardens PRETORIA SOUTH AFRICA 0081
P.O. Box 580, MENLYN, 0063 Tel: 012 346 1738, Fax: 086 693 7472
E-Mail: [email protected] Website: www.pfa.org.za
Pretoria Office, Ashlea Gardens
Remuneration: The position offers a market related salary
The Office of the Pension Funds Adjudicator (OPFA) is seeking to appoint a candidate who is results-driven, passionate about service delivery, thrives under pressure, respects deadlines and is a team player with high levels of professionalism.
Minimum requirements and key competencies:
• A Bachelor of Laws Degree (LLB)
• 3 years’ experience in the retirement funds industry – administration, management or regulation
• Knowledge and understanding of the appropriate legislative and regulatory frameworks
• Ability to assess facts, interpret legislation and draft legal documents
• Experience in the financial services sector will be an added advantage
• Knowledge and understanding of the Pension Funds Act and the role of the Pension Funds Adjudicator
• Computer Literacy (MS Word, Excel, Ms Outlook)
• Take initiative in personal development
• Team player
• Analytical skills
• Drafting skills
• Critical thinking skills
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Investigate, analyse and identify the essence of a complaint
• Draft correspondence and do follow ups with Funds/Fund Administrators
• Analyse the adequacy of the responses from Funds/Fund Administrators and escalate issues timeously when necessary
• Prepare a draft determination based on research, adequate analysis of a complaint, discussions with teammates and also by incorporating directions given by their Team Leader
• Submit quality draft determinations to Team Leader within set timelines
• Finalise out of jurisdiction matters and settlements within prescribed time period
• Adequately review and address corrections/review notes from the Team Leader or the Adjudicator timeously
• Assist the Team Leader or the Adjudicator with projects/ad hoc tasks as and when required
• Keep record of own statistics and monitor own performance
• Compile weekly statistics of cases
• Prepare appeals records to the Financial Services Tribunal
Interested persons should apply in writing by submitting their CV, ID and copies of all qualifications, to [email protected].
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Closing date for applications is 17 September 2021.
The OPFA reserves the right not to make an appointment. If you do not receive any response within 2 weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful. Regret correspondence will only be sent to interviewed candidates.