Ward Clerk – High Care Ward
Facility Life Wilgers Hospital
Position Ward Clerk – High Care Ward
A vacancy has arisen for a position reporting to the Unit Manager. The successful candidate will contribute towards the optimal functioning of the nursing team through effective: interdepartmental liaising, communication and Administrative support to the nursing team.Critical Outputs
- Ensure optimal service levels whilst understanding and striving to achieve targets.
- To ensure the speedy and effective execution of non-nursing activities.
- Attend meetings and in-service training as scheduled.
- Ensuring a safe environment in all areas of the unit through staying up to date with safety standards and protocols.
- Knowledge of emergency plans and actions.
- Elimination of medico legal risks through the correct identification and filing of patient’s documentation.
- Maintenance of a positive appearance and behavior, within and outside hospital relation.
- Friendly and helpful client service.
- Live up to the Quality principles.
- Professional secrecy and discretion during contact with customers and colleagues.
- Ensuring of effective communication between customers and colleagues.
- Grade 12
- General administrative experience – at least 1 year
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office (excel, word) is essential.
- Co-ordinating of bookings and patient transport.
- A person who is result orientated, pays attention to detail, has excellent interpersonal as well as communication skills is needed.
- Customer focus, commitment towards continuous improvement, the ability to work independently and the management of time is required.
Email: [email protected]
Closing date Tuesday, September 14, 2021
NB: indicate position in the subject line of the email.
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of the closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.