Facility Life Queenstown Private Hospital
Position Maintenance Assistant
A vacancy exists for a Maintenance Assistant at Life Queenstown Private Hospital, reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, Johan Korf. This position is responsible to ensure continuous availability of maintenance services required for the Hospital Infrastructure.Critical Outputs
- Perform tasks in order to inspect, check on building structures and facilities accordance with the preventative maintenance program as delegated/directed by the Supervisor.
- Execute repairs/tasks as per job card and instructions from Supervisor in repairing all facets of maintenance.
- Manage medical gas orders and issue of cylinders to wards.
- Attend to urgent matters, repairing items requiring basic skills to ensure continuous availability of nursing/other facilities.
- Procurement of equipment and maintenance stock as instructed.
- Matric or equivalent
- Familiar with On – key procedures and job card management
- Basic trade skills for the building industry and use of power tools
- Ability to perform physical work (including the ability to handle heavy cylinders and heavy equipment)
- Ability to do after hour standby (minimum two weeks per month)
- Knowledge of critical hospital maintenance plant equipment
- Sound communication
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organizational awareness
Email: [email protected]
Closing date Monday, October 4, 2021
NB: indicate position in the subject line of the email.
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of the closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.