Ehlanzeni District Municipality: GIS Internships 2021 / 2022
Ehlanzeni District Municipality invites unemployed graduates to apply for 24 months GIS Internship Programme
2021 / 2022.
Internship Application Closing Date : 23 September 2021
Internship Location: Mbombela, Mpumalanga
Stipend: R120 000 per annum
APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FROM COMPETENT PERSONS TO FILL THE FOLLOWING POSITION: (Previously
disadvantaged individuals are encouraged to apply)
DEPARTMENT: STRATEGIC PLANNING GIS PROFESSIONAL TRAINEE (INTERNSHIP) x 1 (Ref: GIS intern)
- Grade 12 plus a 3-year Diploma\Degree in Geographic Information Sciences,
- Hands-on experience on the ESRI ArcGIS software,
- Computer Literacy (MS Office Packages),
- Driver’s license a must.
The incumbent will primarily be trained and required to assist in the following key areas:
- Spatial data collection and capturing (including field and digitizing)
- Spatial data cleansing and manipulation
- Map production
- Spatial analysis
Who may apply
- Applicants be between the age of 18-35 years;
- South African citizens;
- Unemployed and never participated in any internship programme before, and;
- Must be willing to sign an internship agreement;
- Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to suitability checks including qualifications, employment records, criminal records, and reference checks.
How to apply
N.B. Application forms can be downloaded from the EDM website: www.ehlanzeni.gov.za. Completed
Application form for Employment, CVs with certified copies of ID, Academic record/qualifications WITH THE
CORRECT REFERENCE ON THE EMAIL SUBJECT LINE must be scanned and emailed to
[email protected] No hand/post-delivery and late applications will be considered.
Should you not receive a response within thirty (30) days from the closing date, please consider your
application as unsuccessful.
For further information contact the General Manager: Corporate Services on telephone No (013) 759