Medical Social Worker
Facility Life Springs Parkland Hospital
Position Medical Social Worker
A vacancy exists for a Medical Social Worker, based at the new 15-bed Life Springs Parkland Rehabilitation Unit, reporting to the Hospital Manager Cora Muller. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring delivery of uncompromising quality care in line with Company Strategic Objectives and applicable Health Legislation. A service-level agreement with one therapy practice / group therapy practice providing all the dietetics services required may also be considered.Critical Outputs
- Professional therapy service implementation in accordance with Life Healthcare protocols and procedures
- Provide social work clinical services to all patients admitted to Life Rehabilitation Unit, including on weekends and public holidays
- Function effectively as a part of an interdisciplinary team to meet the requirements of quality patient care
- Conduct assessments of the patient, family and home environment, recommend specific interventions and coordinate discharge planning to patients with neurological disorders such as TBI, CVA, SCI, multi-morbidity conditions such as COVID, Guillain Barre, etc.
- Contribute to weekly team and family meetings
- Educate patients and their families about the patient’s condition and explore discharge and/or placement options
- Identify and coordinate carer training
- Keep accurate and timeous records and reports
- Effectively respond to queries and handle accordingly
- Attend and contribute towards Continuous Professional Development activities of the unit
- Supervise and train of university students, as required
- Promote and maintain sound and productive relationships with referral sources and stakeholders in the field of Rehabilitation.
- Degree in Social Work and relevant registration
- Experience in hospital-based social work
- Experience in multi-disciplinary care
- Patient advocacy
- Local resource knowledge an advantage
- Commitment to quality patient care and customer satisfaction
- Pass Verification assessment (i.e., Criminal check, etc.)
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Verbal & written communication
- Influencing skills
- Personal integrity
- Planning & Organising
- Ability to build relationships
- Drive and energy
- Process orientation
- Conflict management
Email: [email protected]
Closing date Wednesday, October 13, 2021
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.