Tiger Brands: Bursaries 2021 / 2022
Tiger Brands invites suitably candidates to apply for Bursary Programme 2022.
Closing Date: 22 October 2021
Tiger Brands is inviting students to apply for their graduate bursary programme, for the 2022 academic
year. Bursaries will be awarded to students pursuing studies within the following fields:
Chemical Engineering (BEng or BSc)
Electrical Engineering (BEng or BSc)
Electronic Engineering (BEng or BSc)
Industrial Engineering (BEng or BSc)
Mechanical Engineering (BEng or BSc)
The comprehensive bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: full tuition fees, registration fees,
exam fees, prescribed books as well as a monthly allowance.
Successful candidates will be informed of the payment process and requirements that must be met.
Tiger Brands will conduct interviews for due diligence purposes.
There is a limited amount of bursaries to be awarded, and meeting the minimum criteria does not
automatically mean you will receive funding
- Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to
- satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric
- You must currently be in your 1st year of study
- You must be entering your 2nd year of study in 2022 (the year which you are applying for funding for)
- You must be enrolled and studying at a recognised tertiary institution (for at least 6 months at the
- time of application)
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average result of 65% in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average result of 65% in semester 1 of tertiary studies
- You must have a strong academic record
- You must have proven financial need
- You must show strong academic potential in pure Mathematics, Science and Accounting
How to apply
Students who meet all of the above eligibility criteria, can apply by submitting clear copies of the following
supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing,
your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)Parents or guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of
- pension or grant if applicable) (certified copies)
Note: there is no application form to be completed for this bursary application – students need only submit the above
documents to apply.
Applications must be submitted via email to: [email protected]
(Insert the words “Tiger Brands Graduate Bursary Application” in the email subject line).