Facility Life Anncron Hospital
Position Artisan Electrical
A vacancy exists for an Artisan (Electrical) at Life Anncron Hospital, reporting to the Maintenance Manager, Dieter Heintze. The successful candidate will be responsible for proactively maintaining the electrical machines and installations in the hospital; and to ensure that all electrical machines & installations are safe for use.Critical Outputs
- Accurately read and understand electrical drawings
- Install and maintain electrical wiring, control, and lighting systems.
- Inspect electrical equipment and installations to identify defects, wear on components and hazards. Equipment includes Transformers, Generators, UPS Systems, Compressors, Vacuum Pumps and various types of circuit breakers.
- Understand and execute inspections and testing on electrical installations e.g. medium and low voltage distribution boards (DBs)
- Demonstrate competency in using electrical and electronic measuring and testing devices such as Multimeters, Amp meters, Megger, phase rotation meter, earth leakage tester, plug tester, etc. to Identify electrical problems or faults
- Repair or replace wiring on or to electrical equipment, or fixtures using hand tools and power tools.
- Inspect and make electrical repairs to basic and complicated workshop handheld and fixed power tools.
- Ensure that all electrical equipment and installations comply with local regulations e.g. SANS10142, Electrical Installation Regulation, Electrical Machinery Regulation, R158, National Building Regulation, etc.
- Direct and train assistants and trainees to install, maintain and repair electrical installations and equipment.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain low voltage electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus and fixtures using hand tools and power tools.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of electrical equipment could be hazardous.
- Plan, layout and install electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures based on functional specifications and SANS 10142. Compile sketches of all new installations.
- Issues Certificate of Compliance Certificates (Electrical COC) for existing, modified and new electrical installations.
- Be physically fit and experienced on working safely from ladders, scaffolds and on top of roofs to maintain, modify or install new electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures.
- Perform standby duties as per roster and assist during emergencies.
- Work overtime as and when required by the business.
- Ensure that all maintenance job cards are conducted, feedback completed, and work orders are returned to the Maintenance Planner.
- Prompt response to breakdowns and problems identified and reported.
- At least N3 qualification in electrical engineering
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current) Trade Test certificate
- Wireman’s License for working on electrical installations up to 1 000 volts
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in operations or engineering maintenance preferably in a hospital environment or similar environment.
- General knowledge of HVAC installations, Hospital Isoloc, generators, UPS, compressors and vacuum pump systems would also be advantageous.
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Ethical behaviour
Email: [email protected]
Closing date Wednesday, October 13, 2021
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.