BURSARIES FOR THE 2022 ACADEMIC YEAR
This opportunity is open to YOUTH in the Johannesburg community
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ) is committed to fulfil its socio-economic mandate by providing training opportunities in the form of Financial Assistance to community recipients, within the Johannesburg metropolitan area who intend pursuing academic studies at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa and who adhere to the prescribed criteria in order for them to acquire their qualification at a recognised FET and / or HET.
The CoJ is offering bursaries to South African youth, who permanently reside in Johannesburg, to pursue full-time undergraduate studies in one of the following fields:
- Actuarial Science
- Build Environment (Architecture, Construction)
- Local Government Science/Political Science
- Communications/Social Media
- Community Services
- Curatorial Studies
- Emergency Management Services
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Engineering (all Fields)
- Municipal Governance
- Environmental Management
- Production and Operations Management
- Finance (Accounting, Auditing, Small Business Management, Supply Chain Management, Treasury, Economists)
- Quality Assurance
- Public Management
- Geo Information Science (GIS)
- Quantity Surveying
- Health (Nursing)
- Real Estate (Property Management, Property Valuation)
- Information Technology
- Sports Science
- International Relations and Protocol
- Town and Regional Planning
Criteria for selection
Selection of successful candidates will be strictly on academic merit.
Applicants are expected to study at an accredited South African tertiary institution.
It is the student’s responsibility to seek admission with a tertiary institution.
The bursary is for study programmes of no less than one year.
The bursary is renewable annually, based on academic performance/results.
The bursary is not applicable for post graduate qualifications
The Bursary covers
Tuition and registration fees, prescribed books and/or study material and is limited to the amount of R 35,000.00 per academic year.
Contact Person: Billy Baloyi
Tel No: (011) 407 6979
Workplace: 2nd Metropolitan Centre
A completed application form, proof of residence, certified copy of ID and Qualifications and proof of income.
CLOSING DATE: 05 NOVEMBER 2021