Media24: Multi-Media Journalist Internships 2021 / 2022
Media24 invites applicants to apply for Multi-Media Journalist Graduate / Internship Programme 2021/2022
Internship Application Closing Date: 26 October 2021
Internship Location: Johannesburg and Cape Town
Ever wanted to work at News24/Business Insider? Media24 has an internship position at its Johannesburg
or Cape Town office for a future digitally savvy journalist.
you have a qualification in journalism
you love stories and storytelling no matter what format and platform.
you can write like a dream but are also interested in digital.
you understand things like SLR, GIF, CMS and TL; DNR.
you are comfortable shooting a video on a smartphone.
you’re curious about the world and the people who live in it and in touch with what’s going on in the
you’re hungry to learn and grow.
Some skills we need:
- Excellent storytelling skills both in words and in video format.
- The ability to work fast and cope under pressure.
- The ability to find a fresh angle on a story.
- Excellent general knowledge.
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat.
- The ability to work in a team and take direction from an editor.
- Drive, energy and basic awesomeness
What you’ll be doing:
- Producing stories for Media24 platforms, focussing on Business Insider
- Working on social media platforms in various formats.
- Assisting the online team with uploading content.
- Scouring the web for interesting stories that our audiences will love.
- Assisting with compiling newsletters that our audiences will want to open.
- Assist the online team with producing/managing digital campaigns.
- Media24 is South Africa’s leading media company with interests in digital media and services, newspapers,
- magazines, ecommerce, book publishing, printing and distribution. It is part of Naspers, a multinational
- group of media and ecommerce platforms.
How to apply
Click here to apply online for Media24: Multi-Media Journalist Internships 2021 / 2022
Given the employment equity policy of Media24, preference will be given to suitable candidates from the