Advanced Life Support Paramedic
Facility Life Flora Hospital
Position Advanced Life Support Paramedic
A vacancy exists for an Advanced Life Support Paramedic in our Life Support Unit, based at Life Flora Hospital reporting to Chrisna Scholtz. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing optimal service delivery and patient quality care.Critical Outputs
- Be a Member of the LSU Paramedic and Hospital Resuscitation team, able to handle all resuscitations and facilitate the handover of all EMS patient arrivals and transfers.
- Respond to EMS calls as directed through the Life EMS Emergency Assistance Line and those received from the community, including businesses and Government organizations.
- Available to assist local/provincial EMS as and when required. Liaison and relationship building with all EMS service providers in the local and partial outlying areas. To strengthen and enhance existing relationship and provide additional resource and clinical skills support to these services as and when required.
- Promote and market the Life Flora Hospital and Life EMS in various community initiatives and at local events, including formal corporate events and other initiatives that are in line with the Life Healthcare vision.
- Assist with training of A&E unit personnel and in-hospital staff in Basic and Advanced Life Support skills
- Manage communications between EMS and Hospital Emergency Assistance Line and of group admin processes.
- Must have a knowledge of patient triage and disaster management and implementation of strategies that assist with coordinating and ensuring smooth patient flow and transition.
- HPCSA registered ADVANCED LIFE SUPPORT (B-Tech EMC, CCA, or N-Dip ONLY to Apply)
- A proven track record of sound operational experience within both government and private sector EMS. Ability to provide a portfolio of evidence of previous operational experience as an ADVANCED LIFE SUPPORT provider
- CPD Compliant and have completed the current New CPG update, BLSHCP, ACLS and PALS is essential
- BLSHCP Instructors, ACLS EP, PALS EP advantageous
- ITLS, ATLS (auditor), AHCP and other post graduate qualifications advantageous
- Computer literacy
- PDP Code 08 license with advanced/high performance driving
- Must be willing to work shifts and do standby
- Ability to travel
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal and written communication and presentation
- Drive and energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Organizational awareness
- Leading by example
- Motivating and developing people
- Customer responsiveness
Closing date Friday, November 19, 2021
*We will no longer be accepting emailed or hand delivered CV’s
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.