GROUNDSMAN (2 POSTS)
REF NO: EHL106/2021
SALARY: R102 534.00 – R120 780.00 PA. SL2
- AET or basic numeracy and literacy skills.
- Appropriate or reverent experience.
- Be physically fit and be able to lift/move heavy objects and supplies.
- Ability to operate machinery and equipment.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge of garden maintenance techniques, equipment and the application thereof.
- Ability to perform basic gardening duties with related garden maintenance.
- Landscaping ability could be an added advantage
- Preference to be given to local residents (proof of address to be attached)
Key performance areas:
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the buildings and surroundings.
- Empty dirty bins, wash waste bins and send recyclables to disposal area.
- Maintain premises and surroundings.
- Clean premises and surroundings.
- Maintain the garden, grounds and surroundings by watering the garden, prune, trim flowers, plants and trees. Mow the grass, remove weeds and garden refuse.
- Apply insecticides, weed killer and cultivate the soil for trees and flowers.
- Maintain gardening equipment and tools.
- Detect and report malfunctioning of gardening equipment and tools. Repair minor defects of gardening equipment and tools.
- Assist with loading, unloading, dispatching, stocktaking and any other related duties as required.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
N.B. This advert is also found on College website, please go to www.ehlanzenicollege.co.za
Relevant Employment Acts will be considered when filling these positions. Applications should be submitted on new Z83 form obtainable from any Public Services Departments, stating the relevant reference number, attach a recently updated CV, copies of all qualifications including academic record, ID document and driver’s license. Failure to submit the requested documents will result in your application not being considered. No faxed applications will be considered. The College reserves the right to withdraw the post at any time.
ENQUIRIES: Mr. FRS Malinga (013) 752 7105. Kindly forward all applications to: The Human Resource Manager, Ehlanzeni TVET College, Private Bag X11297, Nelspruit, 1200 or hand – deliver to the Corporate Centre at 29 Bell Street, Nelspruit, 1200. Candidates are strongly encouraged to send their applications via an email to [email protected]
CLOSING DATE: 13 December 2021 at 15:30