Ward Clerk – High Care Units
Facility Life Vincent Pallotti Hospital
Position Ward Clerk – High Care Units
A vacancy exists for a Ward Clerk, High Care Units, at Life Vincent Pallotti Hospital. The successful candidate will report to the Unit Manager in the respective department. Strong administration and organisational skills are essential for this position.Critical Outputs
Conducting clerical/secretarial duties as delegated by the Unit Manager
- Coordinate patient bookings in the department, inter-departmentally, inter facility transfers, movement of patients on the Patient Accommodation and Movement Boards.
- Coordinate and assist with staff planning
- Coordinate and assist with administrative duties including answering of the telephones
- Management of surgical and ethical stock in the unit. This includes ordering of stock, managing stock levels, stocktaking, orientation of employees to stock management processes.
- Management of billing processes including billing of stock, updating of nursing cards, closing of files etc.
- Verification of weekly services charges vs PPDs
- Flexibility regarding ward deployment as per the units operational requirements
- Ensure high quality client service
- Experience / training in the field of Data capturing and stock control will be beneficial.
- Grade 12 is essential
- Computer proficiency
- Well-spoken and have a professional appearance
- Good organisational skills are essential as well as teamwork
- Other competencies required are an ability to work under pressure, as part of a team
- Goal orientated
- Cost efficiency and ability to multi task
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of staff, patients and clients
- Relevant experience would be highly advantageous
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
Email: [email protected];
Closing date Saturday, January 15, 2022
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.