Facility LHC KZN Laundry, Pinetown
Position Laundry Assistant
A Vacancy exists for a Laundry Assistant at the LHC KZN Laundry in Pinetown to maintain and supply clean linen to all Life Healthcare Hospitals in the region. The successful candidates will report to the Laundry Manager.Critical Outputs
- Counting and sorting of linen
- Accurate record keeping of linen items according to standard procedure
- Processing of all linen in designated areas
- Quality and stock management
- Operating of industrial laundry equipment according to standard procedure
- Record quantities in the linen register book following standard procedure.
- Verify good quality of linen output i.e. Dry, Soft, Unstained with clean professional outlook
- Liaison with line management
- Maintain good housekeeping
- Maintaining health and safety regulations
- Waste disposal management
- Matric or equivalent
- Understand, speak, read and write English language
- Ability to count accurately
- Ability to capture and maintain accuracy record of figures on standard templates
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure/stressful conditions
- Good inter-personal relations
- Uphold good standards of personal hygiene/neat appearance
- Attention to detail
- Engaging diversity
- Excellence orientation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Action orientation
- Ethical behaviour
Email: [email protected]
Closing date Monday, January 24, 2022
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Should you not receive any communication after 2 weeks of closing date, kindly consider your application as unsuccessful.
External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer.